Now and then I get some questions about the equipment I use in my art, techniques I use etc. In the beginning of my art career I used to watch quite a large amount of all kind of making of videos about creating different kinds of abstract art pieces. Especially I found tools and techniques parts super interesting.
So, I decided to create a video to represent my tools and techniques that I use in my art. Video itself represent it the best, but here some "behind the scenes" bullet points to be shared:
- I used Fabriano 400g Pittura art paper in this piece of art. Size of the piece is 25*70cm which required some customization to the original paper sheet.
- I start the process by creating the edges with mask tape. I use just typical mask tape for painting. I have tried several different brands and tape qualitities, but I have not find it worth it to pay more for the most expensive quality.
- Once, the edges are done I start to work with the background / foundation. This part, in most of the cases, I paint with acrylics instead of spray.
- The shapes in the painting are in some of my paintings created during the process as I go and in some cases, I sketch and plan more in advance.
- Selecting the colors is very important stage in my process and I use several different palettes to find the proper mix of the colors.
- I have created my own mask sablunas and basically I have used just random materials to create the shapes
- The last part of the painting is the varnishing, which I do in most of the cases, couple of days after finishing the actual painting
Blue Glue - Acrylic and spray on paper.